Numerically, Unitarian church membership is relatively small compared to major religions; however, it is not too much of a stretch to say that some of its members were quite instrumental in helping shape the world as we know it.
Below is our list of famous Unitarian Universalists.
- John Quincy Adams – sixth US President
- Dorothea Dix – social reformer and social advocate
- P. T. Barnum – founder of Barnum & Bailey Circus
- Ralph Waldo Emerson – philosopher
- Sylvia Plath – poet
- Christopher Reeve – actor
- Tim Berners-Lee – creator of world wide web
- Pete Seeger – folk musician
- Frank Lloyd Wright – architect
*The list above includes both members of the Unitarian church and individuals with strong Unitarian sympathies (but may have not formally belonged to any Unitarian church).