We are currently seeking a creative, energetic, Religious Explorations (RE) Instructor for its Unitarian Universalist (UU) youth program located in Winnetka, IL. In this role, the RE Instructor will be responsible for implementing the religious education curriculum at weekly Sunday services for assigned students (ages 5-13). He/she will encourage participation and enthusiasm through creativity and warmth.
- Prepare and implement the established curriculum at weekly RE classes for assigned students from September to May.
- Greet and welcome new students into the class.
- Consult with RE committee regarding student participation and curriculum modifications, as needed.
- Encourage student participation, creativity and enthusiasm through continuity and connectedness.
- Participate in service events or group outings is required.
- Partner with weekly RE volunteer to ensure he/she is prepared for the week’s RE lesson.
- Aid Administrative Director in RE volunteer recruitment.
- Submit RE content for monthly communication in LSUS newsletter.
- Inform RE Committee or Board Members of important developments within the program.
- Set up, tear down and tidy RE classroom and Sunday service rooms before and after services. (9:00am – 12:30pm)
- Consult with students’ parents as it relates to religious educational growth goals.
- Retrieve and respond to phone messages and/or email.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Outstanding interpersonal skills; ability to work successfully with children and youth
- Positive, friendly, socially confident and gracious
- Exceptional organizational and communication skills (written and oral)
- Solid computer skills, including experience with MS Office and Google Drive
- Background or experience in child/young adult religious education is desired.
- Knowledge of UU principles and a broad world view a plus.
This is an excellent opportunity for a supplemental income, ($18-20/hr) or a college student looking for a challenging and rewarding part time role with youth in the community. It requires an on-site presence on Sundays from September through May (excluding Christmas and New Year holidays), from 9:00 am to 12:30 pm and occasional evening meetings for committees. Other hours are flexible and can be done from home.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume.
We are currently looking for someone to set up and tear down our Sunday Service Room 101 at the Winnetka Community House, 620 Lincoln Ave., Winnetka IL before and after services (9:00am – 12:30pm) from early September through late May. Start immediately; pay rate, depending on experience and abilities, is $15 per hour.
We are looking for students to join our Street Team! If you are in high school or college and are looking to engage with local businesses, refine your salesmanship, and hit the outdoors, we are looking for you!
Street Team Ambassador will primarily distribute LSUS information and flyers. Ambassadors will combine customer service and listening skills with marketing knowledge to engage local communities and businesses. Candidates will spend most of their time initiating contact with the public and walk through neighborhoods, school campuses, or shopping malls to connect with people and businesses. Ambassadors will canvas neighborhoods once a month for $10/hr.
Email email@example.com with your qualifications.